We seek to be community of devout believers full of love and grace taking the gospel of Jesus Christ along with the ways of His kingdom to Tabernacle, South Jersey and the world.
Who We Are:
The Church of Christ that meets in Tabernacle, NJ is undenominational. That means that we are a local, community-based church whose leadership is local. We are not under the control of nor are we beholden to any distant human authority. Our local congregation is under the authority of Jesus Christ, the head of the Church, and seek to know His will through the Holy Scriptures.
We believe what the scriptures say: that Jesus Christ died on the cross for our sins, that he was buried, and that he was raised on the third day (1 Corinthians 15:3).
We believe that all mankind has sinned and fall short of the glory God (Romans 3:23) and thus are in need of a savior.
We believe that God sent His only begotten son into the world so that whoever believes in Him would not perish but have everlasting life (John 3:16). So, it is in Christ the we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God’s grace (Ephesians 1:7).
How One Becomes A Christian:
– Hear the good news of Jesus Christ (Romans 10:14)
– Believe that Jesus is the Son of God (Mark 16:16; Hebrews 11:6)
– Repent of one’s sins (Acts 17:30; Acts 2:38)
– Confess Jesus Christ is the Son of God (Luke 12:8; Acts 8:35-38 NKJV)
– Be baptized – To be dipped in water (Acts 2:38; 1 Pet 3:21
– Walk in newness of life (Romans 6:4)
What Will You See If You Visit Us One Sunday:
– You’ll see friendly people with friendly faces
– We love the Bible so you’ll see us diligently studying God’s Word together at Bible study
– We participate in congregational singing during our worship services
– We have Communion every week (Acts 20:7)
– We listen to sermon
– We fellowship – we chat and catch up with one another
– You would be our welcome guest and we would love to host you at one of our worship services